Heflin House Museum – 304 S. Main St., Sardis, MS
This antebellum home houses a museum that displays furniture and decorative objects from the late 1800’s. The museum is open every third Sunday of the month from 1:00-4:00 p.m. and is managed by the Heflin House Museum Heritage organization.
Main Street Gallery – Main Street, Como, MS
The Como Arts Council hosts art shows in the gallery in downtown historic Como. Check the schedule on the Como Arts Council Facebook page to see openings.
Como Library – 104 Main St., Como, MS
The library houses permanent and special collections
- George Mitchell’s Mississippi Hill Country Blues 1967 Photography Exhibit (Sept-Oct 2013)
- Rev. John Maurer’s Freedom Summer Collection (Twenty 1964-era photos documenting civil rights struggle)
- Jessie Mae Hemphill Hill Country Blues Photography Collection (Over 40 shots of local Hill Country artists. Featuring photographs from Yancey Allison, Alan Lomax, Steve Gardner and Bill Steber).
- Youth Art Wall (revolving shows)
- Stark Young Collection (collection of most of Young’s novels and writings, the majority of which are now out of print)
- Elders Remember Panola County Music: A Teen Oral History Project and I Always Thought Como Was Like Heaven: A Teen Oral History Project
Visit the Como Library Facebook page for upcoming exhibits: https://www.facebook.com/comolibrary